Thursday, April 28, 2005

Looking

" I tried to find Him on the Christian cross, but he was not there;
I went to the Temple of the Hindus and to the old pagodas,
but I could not find a trace of Him anywhere.

I searched on the mountains and in the valleys,
but neither in the heights nor in the depths was I able to find Him.
I went to the Caaba in Mecca, but he was not there either.

I questioned the scholars and philosophers,
but He was beyond their understanding.

I then looked into my heart and it was there
where He dwelled that I saw Him;
He was nowhere else to be found. "

By Jelaluddin Rumi, a Persian poet of the early 13th century.
(Poem also appears on outer sleeve of Engima's second album, " the Cross of Changes")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool, is beautiful! thought u wrote it at 1st.. hahaha. is really nice, thks